Problems with new sofa, HELP!!
I apologize that this is so long, but I am in a panic. Our first leather sofa was bought five years ago. Within three years we noticed that the color was rubbing off (yes it was made in China). This year we decided to do an upgrade. I didnÃ¯Â¿Â½t want another leather sofa for fear of having the same experience. But my husband felt that a higher quality sofa would not do this. I gave in and we bought a nice Hancock and Moore sofa and recliner. The leather is called Antelope Saddle, which came from Germany. The sofa itself was constructed in the United States.
The furniture arrived two days ago. The recliner is beautiful but the sofa has many leather issues. We noticed the following problems:
1. Several places on the leather do not appear to be fully dyed .
2. There is a long, raised mark on top of one cushion. Instead of smoothing it out with this grade of leather, dye was applied on top of it. It cannot easily be missed.
3. There are white specks throughout the cushions.
4. On one of the armrests, there are two swirling grey marks.
5. Not knowing that the white specks and grey marks were imbedded in the leather, we attempted to remove them with a damp tissue that resulted in the dye coming off on the tissue.
We bought the sofa online from another state and paid to have it delivered to us. We contacted the dealer who we bought the sofa from. He stated that most of what we described is due to damage caused by the delivery company. He said that the pigment loss is typically seen when tape is placed on the leather and removed. The tiny white specs are due to heat in back of the trucks coupled with flexing of the leather (Heat? Its winter!) . The dealer is sending us a leather cleaner/conditioner kit that he says will take care of most of the problems.
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. How did you determine it was due to the delivery company? Were you able to permanently fix the problems? Also, do you think that in three years the color will start to rub off, leaving large patches of white, like it did on my old sofa?