IRS-Site to Find Out Annual Income

momtotwo__2May 31, 2008

Someone told me that there is a site that one can go to, post a SS# and find out the annual income that the IRS has record of. Does anyone know about this or how to access the site?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You'd have to have a signature from the person you are requesting about on a federal form 4506, which then gives you authorized one-time access to retrieve that person's filed IRS tax returns for up to 3 specified years.

There is no unauthorized access to any individuals private financials, that I am aware of.

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

    Bookmark   May 31, 2008 at 4:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I don't know of an IRS site, but there is a Social Security site where you can obtain a statement of your yearly earnings by filing a request online. You first have to call an SS phone number for instructions on how to do this.

Or you can download a request form and mail it in if you don't need the info urgently.

Here is a link that might be useful: Information about Requesting a Social Security Statement

    Bookmark   June 2, 2008 at 1:31PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Just because you pay your bills on time.....
doesn't guarantee you have good credit The "Paying...
Programmable Thermostat proof
Does anyone have hard copy proof of the savings that...
Private College Savings - How much is enough?
We have approximately $62,000 saved in a 529 plan for...
Any advice for a lady whose husband hides $?
I am a widow and used to doing for myself. I have a...
help!!! advice needed asap for 2nd mortgage
I need to take out $30,000 in equity for desperately...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™