Any Canadians around here with credit problems?

joyfulguyMay 21, 2005

I subscribe to a money management magazine that, as it carries no ads, is totally subscriber driven and pays attention to subscribers' suggestions.

When they make a reference to some issue, their ideas are usually worthwhile.

I guess my feeling is somewhat that if "Canadian MoneySaver" refers to (recommends?) a certain matter - that's good enough for me.

In a recent issue they referred to (I think) a newly published book by Mike Morley, "The Complete Guide to Credit and Credit Repair for Canadians", priced at $24.95.

I haven't read it, so can't comment on its validity or completeness. As I'm pretty well retired from my personal financial advisor business, I don't think that I'll buy it.

As I've had a *lot* of spam offering to help repair my credit, I thought that a (probably) sensible and (likely) rather comprehensive book like this might be helpful to some of you.

If you might be interested, give me a shout - my email address is available here.

In various other threads around here a number of you have learned how I feel about various uses of credit, and means of doing so.

As I've mentioned before - about 20-25 subscribers of the magazine in this area have chosen to meet monthly to discuss various aspects of money management, mainly investing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - it's a holiday one, up here.

ole joyful

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Garden_Momma

I'm not Canadian, but do get pretty tight on money matters at times. I think it'll always be an ongoing battle for adjustments and THEN readjustments. We pretty much stay away from credit cards...our light companies, telephone companies, hospotal bills, etc...are like our credit cards.

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 7:56AM
More Discussions
Family Banking Concept, anyone heard of it?
I did a search here and did not see any similiar thread....
rjinga
Tiny pension - Taking lump sum or monthly annuity payment
I just received a notice from a previous employer asking...
azmom
Evicting
Don't know where to post this specifically. The thing...
Curt D'Onofrio
Refinance with Bank of America taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R
We started the process for our refinance April 25th...
wickedgrace
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™