see-thru or 2 sided direct vent gas fireplace

dodge1959September 13, 2009

Hello everybody, we are in the process of remodeling the master bed & bath--some of you may have seen my post on Master Bath Design. I'm looking for a 2 sided direct vent gas fireplace. In our family room we have a Valour Direct Vent, and luv it,--heats the whole downstairs. Unfortunately they do not make a see-thru fireplace.

The things we liked about the Valour is the continously adjustable flame--using the remote, all the way from a bare flicker to a roaring fire. So far I can not find any 2-sided fireplaces that offer this feature--most might be adjustable from 100% down to about 80% (if that much).

It would be nice to lie in bed and adjust the flame.

Thanks!!

Gary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave777_2009

Hi -

You might try "Smoky Mountain Emporium General Store"

Located at: http://www.smgeneralstore.com/fireplace-gas-logs-woodburning-fireplace.aspx

They deal with lots of fireplace stuff. I have purchased from them. Nice guys. They were very helpful to me. Except for being a customer, and getting some help from the owner - I have nothing to do with them. (no profit, not a shill).

Bye. Hope this helps.

Dave

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 12:48PM
michellemarie

Check out the 864TRV ST from Firplace Xtrodinair. Their products are amazing.
THe website is fireplacex.com. If you look at the brochure and keep scrolling down you will come to the specs on the unit.
Their stuff is more expensive than Napoleon's Fireplaces, but in my opinion, a much better looking product.

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 8:54PM
dodge1959

Thanks for the inputs. I had a contractor over for a quote on redoing the bathroom. He said that the wall I wanted to use that connects the masterbedroom to the masterbath was
probably being used for the AC/Heater ducting to the 2nd floor.
So after he left, I got a ladder and looked into the attic.
Sure nuff, Huge ducting vents coming up from floor below.
So back to Square 1 as far as locating a fireplace in the master bedroom, but most likely wont be a "See Thru"
Thanks anyways!!

Gary

Bookmark   September 26, 2009 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
something stinks in here!
I built a fire in out basement fireplace last week,...
congaman59
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
nosoccermom
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™