good quality bd furniture w/o breaking the bank

newyorkoneMarch 30, 2009

I am looking for good quality bedroom furniture without breaking the bank. I just purchased my dr furniture with the help i found on this site - never would have found this company if it were not for someone mentioning it here. my last room that needs to be done is the bedroom. does anyone have any suggestions on companies that I can look into? thanks for the help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
backsweat

Jason, I'd recommend looking at Durham and Orville and Meade (sister companies). Solid wood, nice finishes and reasonably priced. Both have websites to give you an idea, however (as several folks have mentioned on here) they don't do the quality of their stuff justice. Perhaps you can find local dealers and check them out. Online you can check lex furniture in Lexington KY or any of the places in NC for quotes.

I'm not affiliated with any of the outfits mentioned. You can also seach both on this forum for additional feedback on both.

Good Luck

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 9:38AM
davkj

I would second the Durham recommendation and add Chatham and West Brothers to the list. All are solid wood and made in North America. We just ordered a bedroom set from Chatham's Kittery Point collection, solid cherry and reasonably priced.

Good luck!

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 7:18PM
newyorkone

thanks for your suggestions. i looked on the durham site and saw some collections that were very nice. there is a dealer not to far from me that has some of the pieces on the floor. best of all i was told that durham is having a big sale through the month of april!!! thanks again!!!

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
marys1000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™