Detroit metro area modern furniture stores?

pkguyMarch 30, 2010

I'm looking for an ultra modern or retro modern type or danish modern type sofa (low and sleek preferably) and wondering what smaller or specialty type stores carry this type of furniture in the metro Detroit area.. I'm not looking for IKEA or Art Van or Gardner White type furniture. Some IKEA stuff is along the lines of what I'm looking for but are there anymore stores carrying similar?

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

I don't know what is available 'round Detroit, but you might consider Scandesign or Stressless furniture.

This/these are Scandanavian in design.

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 11:34AM
pkguy

Tks Ronniner

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 10:15PM
stir_fryi

Too bad for you House of Denmark went out of business.

I am not into modern furniture but Gormans is the only one I can think of.

Bookmark   April 2, 2010 at 9:32AM
kitchenlover

I think they have a sofa like that on display at Crate & Barrel in Troy.

Also, check out Bright Ideas in downtown Royal Oak (nothing but modern furniture) and their outlet in Southfield on Telegraph.

Three Chairs in Ann Arbor carries Mitchell Gold and I think they have some Danish modern type pieces in their line.

The Gormans store in Southfield (the "contemporary" store) might have some of what you're looking for, too.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 9:30AM
detmed

Check this out if you want a modern, leather sofa. It's the equivalent of restoration hardware's maxwell, but at at 60% discount. Here's what I posted on another forum:

Just purchased the Madison leather queen sleeper sofa from Casco Bay Furniture (cascobayfurniture.com). It's the equivalent of RH's Maxwell sleeper. I got it for $2600 delivered with a five year warranty. Just priced it out on the Restoration Hardware website and it is $5600 delivered (with 6% sales tax in MI)!

I'm not sure if I even need to say anything else. The salesman at Casco Bay, Robert Allen, was conscientious beyond expectation and really in my opinion epitomizes quality customer service. Although I don't think they can advertise that it is the same sofa, apparently they approached RH's former manufacturer once RH outsourced it overseas and are now selling it directly.

I'll add this: I am a physician, I pay way too much attention to detail, so believe me when I say this sofa is the exact same thing at less than half the price.

Their phone number is: (603)303-5360.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 1:00PM
More Discussions
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Best quality Kids/Youth Furniture
Help! I have had more trouble finding decent quality...
dse1
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Debating between a drexel or henredon bed
What is better quality? The are both 4 post beds. Just...
shweebies
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™