Stranded bamboo - reliable supplier?

zfrankleFebruary 16, 2011

We're redoing the floors of our apartment, and want to use floating (click-lock) stranded bamboo. (not carbonized) Reading through previous threads hasn't yielded a clear winner.

I know that Teragen gets great reviews, but it's also expensive. Are there any reliable options? We got some Cali bamboo samples that look nice, but I don't know how reliable they are. Any ideas for a good, reasonably-priced source?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suseyb

I purchased a significant amount of flooring from Cali Bamboo. The ordering process was easy. I ordered over the phone and the person who took my order did not order the correct product. It came, and was wrong. The entire thing was not managed well.

Other than the snafu with the shipping and return, the flooring is great. We glued it down on our concrete floor and love it.

Their delivery process could be smoother. They go with the lowest bidder and it shows. Cali requests two people to deliver, but this is not how it worked with the first company that delivered our product. Because of this, quite a bit of it was damaged. This turned out ok, since it was the wrong color product.

All said and done, I might order from them again when the freshness of the mess-up is behind me. It was most definitely less than anything else around, and it is a quality product - so far. I have 6 kids and it is in the bedrooms and our school room. We are on it a lot.

Susie

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 10:03PM
zfrankle

Thanks, Susie - that's exactly the kind of delay that would throw off our renovation schedule completely. We bought a small apartment, and the floors must be done before we move in. That's too much of a risk for saving a little money.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 8:28AM
zfrankle

Thanks, Susie - that's exactly the kind of delay that would throw off our renovation schedule completely. We bought a small apartment, and the floors must be done before we move in. That's too much of a risk for saving a little money.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™