engineered wood flooring in bathroom?

sunshinetmFebruary 9, 2011

I was wondering how good this works in a bathroom? I've had it in one small bathroom for 2 yrs now & it looks great. I am considering putting it in my MB bath also but not sure how well it would do with hair spray & such on it. How would you clean stuff like that off? I know they have a special cleaner for these floors but will it work with hairspray & such? It is just DH & I so it does't get abused much. If I go with tile we will have to install it ourselves due to the cost but could afford to have the engineered wood installed. Less for materials & labor with the eng flooring but I do want something that will look good & last a long time. We have tiled Very small area's before but I am a little worried about diy tile with all the cuts & don't want it to crack down the road. Thanks for any advice. Terri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boxers

understand that laminate or woods aren't recommended for full baths with tubs or showers. Wood and water don't normally mix. If you wish to do this the other concerns are pretty minimal. Most eng. wood uses an alum oxide finish which is similar to whats on a laminate so easy to clean.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 9:32PM
sunnytop

We have a good quality laminate in our bathroom and love it. We even had a toilet leak where water had to be wiped up from the floor every morning for 3 weeks before we realized where the water was coming from. Not a trace of damage. It is the easiest floor I've ever had to clean.

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 12:09AM
sunshinetm

Thanks for the help. We decided to go with tile, hopefully we will love it. Terri

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 12:30AM
Floortech

If you are considering flooring for a bathroom where continuous moisture is expected, you will want to select a product other than hardwood. While the moisture resistance of an engineered hardwood makes it suitable for rooms below grade or ground level when installed with a moisture barrier, it is not advisable to install any hardwood flooring in a bathroom.

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 3:35AM
More Discussions
Advise with flooring?
Hi, I need some advise with flooring. I have a spare...
galinas
Any experience with BellaCera hardwood flooring and/or hickory wood?
We fell in love with a hickory hardwood in their line,...
happyallison
Feedback on Shaw Resort Versailles LVT
Looking for feedback from folks who have installed...
nessabea
Is my home now un-inhabitable due to asbestos?
I have 9x9 tiles in my laundry room which I was told...
Howard
Has anyone used Wicanders Vinyl Comfort flooring?
I'm really struggling to find the right floor for my...
lovelierthoughts
Sponsored Products
David Trubridge Design | Reed Floor Lamp
YLighting
Payne Ornate 1-lt Vanity Strip
LBC Lighting
Rectangle Wenge Wood Comb Tray
TheBathOutlet
Simple Living Bamboo 4-tier Shelf
Overstock.com
25" Polished Cream Marble Trough Sink
Signature Hardware