Craftmaster or Clayton Marcus

mileadayMarch 31, 2010

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these furniture lines? I have Stickley tastes but not the budget. I'm having a difficult time finding chairs or sofas that I can sit on and actually have my feet touch the floor. I found models in both of these manufactures that work but I'm not sure about the quality of either the frame or the material. They won't be used hard and they don't need to last for the next 50 years but I don't want something that will fall apart or show wear immediately. They seem to be middle of the road price wise. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginih

We have a Craftmaster sofa that has held up remarkably well with 2 teen boys and an 80 pound poodle. It's about 10 years old with no wear or tear.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 10:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
transplanted_belle

I purchased a Clayton Marcus sofa in 1995 as a newlywed (it was in a clearance room at the furniture shop and I got it for 50% off!) . It lasted through 2 children and a dog while I owned it, then in 2004 we gave it to a friend and it still looks great - and she has 3 boys under the age of 10 and a dog - the sofa is in the playroom, so gets a lot of traffic.

I steam cleaned the fabric several times when I owned it and even took the covers off the cushions and machine washed them - they still looked great.

I would have no problem recommending a CM sofa - assuming they still use the same type of frame/construction.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 8:18PM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Furniture Arrangement Help Needed
There's my new great room from overhead. You can't...
bplevyak
Flexsteel Lattitudes question....
My wife and I are about ready to purchase our first...
bgaviator
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™