For those considering Lee Industries
I bought 3 sofas and a chair. Two of the sofas have slip covers made of micro fiber. They are less than 2 years old. They have pilled very badly and look horrible. This is not covered in any way by Lee even the first year. Here is a copy of their warranty from the website.
QUALITY WARRANTY INCLUDES:
* Frame and springs are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for life based on the conditions noted below:
* Cushions, beds, mattresses, and motion mechanisms are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for seven(7) years based on the conditions noted below:
* Warranty applies ONLY to the original owner.
* Warranty applies to normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence or abuse and items used in a commercial or business setting are not covered.
* The furniture must be in the original upholstered cover.
* In order to request service under our warranty, all claims must be submitted through the authorized LEE retailer where the furniture was purchased.
* Upholstery fabrics, including slipcovers, will be warranted for one (1) year against seam slippage, fraying, and dye transfer when the cleaning instructions provided by Lee are followed. Wearing, wrinkling, fading, and pilling are not covered. Application of a soil resistant treatment by anyone other than Lee negates our fabric warranty.
The foam is somewhat fatigued on one of the sofas, but this may be under warranty.
Very disappointing that they do not stand behind their fabrics any better than that. These sofas have only had these slip covers half the time as I bought another different fabric that I alternate. I am going to call the place I bought them and see what can be done if anything.