For those considering Lee Industries

wekickMarch 8, 2009

I bought 3 sofas and a chair. Two of the sofas have slip covers made of micro fiber. They are less than 2 years old. They have pilled very badly and look horrible. This is not covered in any way by Lee even the first year. Here is a copy of their warranty from the website.

QUALITY WARRANTY INCLUDES:

* Frame and springs are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for life based on the conditions noted below:

* Cushions, beds, mattresses, and motion mechanisms are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for seven(7) years based on the conditions noted below:

* Warranty applies ONLY to the original owner.

* Warranty applies to normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence or abuse and items used in a commercial or business setting are not covered.

* The furniture must be in the original upholstered cover.

* In order to request service under our warranty, all claims must be submitted through the authorized LEE retailer where the furniture was purchased.

* Upholstery fabrics, including slipcovers, will be warranted for one (1) year against seam slippage, fraying, and dye transfer when the cleaning instructions provided by Lee are followed. Wearing, wrinkling, fading, and pilling are not covered. Application of a soil resistant treatment by anyone other than Lee negates our fabric warranty.

The foam is somewhat fatigued on one of the sofas, but this may be under warranty.

Very disappointing that they do not stand behind their fabrics any better than that. These sofas have only had these slip covers half the time as I bought another different fabric that I alternate. I am going to call the place I bought them and see what can be done if anything.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Circus Peanut

Oh, that's a shame. I have a new (used) Lee sofa and am so impressed with its stability and comfort that I plan to order any future new pieces from them.

I do suspect that the new microfiber/microsuede fabrics are not all they're cracked up to be, from the thinness of the fabric alone. Perhaps it's best to stick with the traditional fibers of cotton/wool/linen/poly/nylon and avoid the rayon/chenille/microfiber types?

Good luck & let us know if they resolve your complaint in a satisfactory way.

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
Quality Patio Furniture Manufacturer/Type Recommendations
Building new home with outdoor living/patio area. ...
Karen Redding
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Winfield Restoration-Vintage Flush Mount
1800Lighting
Mis-Match Accent Table
| Dot & Bo
Industrial Gears Bronze Balance Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Libbey Vina 18.5-oz Tall Wine Glasses (Pack of 12)
Overstock.com
Gervin Leather Loveseat - Brighton Zinc Beige
Joybird Furniture
Plate Steel California Ornament
$11.99 | zulily
Urban Oasis Suspension by Philips Forecast Lighting
$350.00 | Lumens
King Embroidered Sham - CHAMPAGNE (KING)
$172.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™