Dexter custom upholstery reviews???

lexmomof3March 13, 2014

Has anyone purchased Dexter upholster furniture? It is sold through fabric stores as far as I can tell. Our two local fabric shops offer this line where you select the style of sofa, chair, etc. and then select any fabric. They ship the fabric to Dexter in N.C. where it is made. For price comparison, a traditional three cushion sofa with skirt, spring down seat cushions, down blend back cushions and $24/yd fabric is approximately $2,000 after a 20% discount. I'm having a hard time finding reviews but it seems like a quality sofa based on the components that I read about. This is what they say on their website.

"Our frames are made from only kiln-dried southern hardwoods, our spring system is eight-way hand tied double-cone coils, and our cushioning options are among the industry�s finest."

It sounds good but I'm having trouble finding reviews. I'm also looking at Smith Brothers, Sherrill and Bassett (custom make in NC) but all except the Bassett is more than Dexter. The Bassett is about the same.

Any experience with Dexter?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freethinker99

Dexter upholstery makes a nice product at a good price. You might ask a few questions, Is the spring unit a built in 8 way hand tied unit or a drop in unit (a unit made outside the furniture and screwed into place), are the frames 5/4 hardwood or hardwood plywood and what exactly are the cushion options.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 6:29AM
More Discussions
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™