different flooring in bedrooms?

drcindyFebruary 20, 2011

Do you think it would look funny/bad to have different flooring in the bedrooms? I have 3 bedrooms upstairs. 2 1/2 years ago, I replaced/upgraded the carpet in the master bedroom and hallway only. (It's just me and hubby.) The other 2 bedrooms have the original 1998 builder's grade carpet in them. Although they're not in horrible condition, they look pretty shabby with no pile compared to the new plush carpet. One of the bedrooms is set up as a guest BD with a twin bed and dresser. The other one is used by me very regularly as an exercise room. There's no exercise equipment in it, as I do aerobics and stuff with DVD's. That same room is used 3-4 times a year as a guest bedroom for my in-laws. We bring out a blow up bed for them.

I just went to a home show yesteday and love the idea of cork flooring in my exercise room. It's resilient, anti-bacterial, etc. I know that if I put carpet in there, it would easily wear down with my constant aerobic activity. Would that look funny to do cork in the 2 bedrooms? A vendor suggested just doing cork in my exercise room, but I thought that may look worse with just one bedroom in a different flooring. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyndo

I think it would look fine to have cork just in the exercise bedroom. If it were me, I'd probably continue the new carpeting from the hallway into the other bedroom or else get the same carpeting in a contrasting color.

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
EZ Lay Vinyl Plank Reviews?
We are looking at installing the Tiramisu EZ Lay Vinyl...
kyorkston
TEC power grout safe for marble
My installer uses TEC power grout. I have polished...
MrsD
LVP plank and tile flooring pulling apart at seams.
We installed a LVP this spring into our new addition....
moledro
Need help open area flooring (great room, kitchen).
Hello, please help. I am looking for flooring that...
einajr
Bamboo Floor Disaster
Hi, I got new bamboo floors when I renovated my NYC...
katefriedmann
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Handmade Moroccan Chatham Chevron Ivory Wool Rug (10' x 14')
Overstock.com
Tools Sautese (2 Sizes) - Iittala
$265.00 | HORNE
Java Herringbone Flatweave Rug 8' x 10' - BROWN/BLACK
$2,559.00 | Horchow
Venus Crystal Table Lamp by Robert Abbey
$444.40 | Lumens
Emilio Double Tier Bronze Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Holtkoetter | LED Raumfluter Floor Lamp No. 2560LED
YLighting
People viewed this after searching for: