Restoration Hardware Gift Cards

Rob FlemingMarch 27, 2009

Wondering if anyone has had any problems with Restoration Hardware promotions. This is what happened to me. I was considering purchasing a BR set from them when I got an email from them at the beginning of December promoting the "Give and You Shall Receive" offer, which stated that for every $100 purchased, we would get a $20 "Gift Card". So, I bought the nice (but expensive) bedroom set because I figured we could use the gift cards to buy a sofa that we needed. I get the gift cards in the mail and try to use them at the store and they tell me (for the first time) that is it NOT a gift card, but rather a voucher, and that I had to spend another $100 for each gift card I wanted to use. This amounts to nothing more than a 20% discount on future purchase (and can't be used on sale items). So, it was really useless. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lkplatow

I was curious so I looked up the terms of the promotion here:

http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/incentives/08/give.jsp?&link=fb_give_and_you_shall_receive&cm_re=FB-_-FeatureBox-_-GiveAndYouShallReceive

While the title does say "gift card," the text of the promotion is very clear that the vouchers are only good for $20 off $100. It's also clear that the vouchers were only redeemable til Jan 31.

That's a pretty lame promotion IMO, especially given the prices RH charges. But it was all spelled out in the fine print -- just a lesson to read everything before signing on the dotted line, I guess. Sorry this happened to you!

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 3:13PM
More Discussions
Can you help me identify this furniture maker/designer?
I acquired this mid-century table and chairs. Looks...
Julie Fortier
Does Vanguard Furniture make a quality sectional
Hello. I am agonizing over finding the right sectional...
maggiewp
Restoration Hardware at a Discount??
I love the furniture from RH but it is way out of my...
pooky
Recommendation for high-end modern Asian furniture?
Aside from Berkeley Mills in Berkeley, CA, does anyone...
Cam Chan
Trying to fluff up my mushy Z Gallerie sofa... help!
I have a 'Stella' sofa from Z Gallerie, and the cushions...
walker328
Sponsored Products
Stone Mill Hardware Satin Nickel Bella Cabinet Knobs (Pack of 25)
Overstock.com
Rupert Doorbell - Bronze
Signature Hardware
Design Yates 2-Piece English Bronze Lamp Set 27 in. with Bavaria Cream Shades 24
$69.95 | Home Depot
Bare Head Swivel II by LBL Lighting
$76.00 | Lumens
Sugar Spoons 5x5x4.5 Drum Shade Set of 6 (Clip-On)
Lamps Plus
Bellini Gold Glass Beverage Server with Infuser & Ice Core
Classic Hostess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™