White Leather??

SharonaZamboniMarch 15, 2012

I found an off white leather set that is super comfortable and I think it's a really good price. How hard will it be to keep the furniture looking good? Will I regret the white with a dog and a toddler grandson around?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Nope!!....I bought a white sofa, love seat and ottoman 13 years ago....dog....visiting dogs, 7 grandkids and lots of company.
If it had been fabric it would have been trashed....leather wipes off.....chocolate, red wine, kid and dog poop, chocolate and newsprint.....all washes off easily.
Go for it!

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 11:07PM
cat_mom

Depends on the leather. Natural, or untreated leather, might be more likely to stain (at least according to my understanding of it). Semi-aniline, or treated leather, will still look nice, and be supple (maybe not as supple as full aniline, untreated leather, but it will still be comfortable and feel nice), and it will resist stains better (maybe less likely to show wear, too?).

We chose a good grade of treated leather for both of our leather sectionals (both are black leather). Both couches are comfy and look great, and we hope will continue to look and feel great for many years to come. We like having the added protection and peace-of-mind afforded us by the semi-aniline leather.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 1:22PM
freethinker99

Clean it once a year with a leather cleaner appropriate to the leather (pigmented or aniline) and then condition it once a year as well. Usually a white leather is not a full aniline leather (all natural) usually a white leather is pigmented (sort of coated with a finish almost like paint) or semi aniline coated lightly).Semi aniline or pigmented leathers clean up fairly easily. A quick test run a wet finger across the leather if there is no absorption of the water it is usually not a full aniline leather.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 6:48AM
More Discussions
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™