zero clearence pellet insert

josephnhSeptember 19, 2007

Hello all,

I have a new heatilator ec42. I want to convert to a pellet inset. The unit is a zero clerarence type wood burning system. I'm willing to pull the entire system out or put in a small insert. Could anyone recommend a pellet insert or has anyone done this before. I have no experience with pellet stoves so any info will helpful.

thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daingus

To get a better variety of Inserts, you may be better off tearing out your existing wood unit, but only depending on how it is finished off. If it is a stone or brick, it will be costly to tear out. If it's just a Tile or some type of Wood surround, it would be a little easier and it could be redone alot easier. And hey, you can always sell the old unit to pay for the tear out.

As far as a stove fitting your existing opening on the Heatilator; the only one I am familiar with that would work is the Castile by Quadrafire.

You can look up your opening dimensions online (instead of getting in there to measure). Bring those measurments to a local dealer and see what will fit along with the options they can offer.

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™