Who sells the best memory foam furniture or sofa?

PotatoDiggerMarch 15, 2013

I have a Charles Schneider Memory Foam sofa and love it, however I want even more memory foam in my cushion. It has 2" and I want 4". The small general store that sold it to me went out of business so I am now forced to purchase online.

Can any of my Garden Web poster help me out? What other companies make memory foam furniture and blue gel memory foam?

I Googled Best memory foam furniture and mostly mattresses came up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Because memory foam doesnt provide any seating support in a sofa, thats why its only used as a topper; usually only the first 1 to 2 inches.

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 11:10AM
PotatoDigger

rmanbike,

Thanks for the input. Yes it is not a solid memory foam cushion. If it was solid memory foam it might be too soft? IDK I Opened up the Charles cushion and it was 7" of white foam with blue gel memory foam wrapped around the core.

The sofa I have now is considerably more comfortable, it is like a Tempurepedic sofa. I have a bad back and the few inches of memory foam helped relieve a lot of pain and discomfort. I am just wondering if I had even more memory foam it would make my back feel even better.

At this point in my life, having dealt with pain for so long I am going to try every non medical avenue I can. I have a feeling that if I was 100lbs lighter the cushion would be perfect, so i guess I might not need twice the thickness but twice the density? If only this was a foam expert forum. lol

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 3:59PM
rmanbike

PotatoDigger, have you tried like a gel-pad placed over the seat cushion and also memory foam pads is good at relieving pressure points.
Not knowing the source of your pain, im just wondering if you in any physical therapy for your back problems?
I find that keeping my strength up in the back and legs, along with a bit of physical exercise= pedal or elliptical bike does wonders for relieving pain and discomfort.

Here is a link that might be useful: good technical information on foam

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Flexsteel Lattitudes question....
My wife and I are about ready to purchase our first...
bgaviator
Smith Brothers of Berne - experience with?
Apologies for the dual post - I'm sinking the other...
marys1000
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™