Need ideas for glass table edge protection

akatriciaMarch 12, 2010

We had a 2" thick custom made glass table installed in our kitchen. In one spot, the edge of our metal chair has chipped the bottom edge of the table. The chair swivels and I think it just hit the table enough times to make the chip. Does anyone have any ideas for edge protection? The table is a free form shape, so traditional edge protectors won't work. It's really kind of a work of art, with paint swirls in between the layers of the glass, so we don't want to cover any of it up. I was thinking of a clear, thick transparent tape of some sort that I could just put on the bottom rim of the table. But, I haven't been able to find any type of tape that I think will work. Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vidala4g8

suggest building it up with epoxy ( araldite ) then sanding smooth, polish with
a car polish and pigment with paint if necessary

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 4:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolsue64_gmail_com

Recommend you purchase clear tubing size of chair part hitting the table edge. Cut the tubing to the length that will meet contact with the table. Then cut a straight line down the piece of clear tubing and slip on the chair area. Do this for each chair. Now your table will stay protected and the clear tubing will be hardly noticeable on the chairs.

Good luck.

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 2:42PM
More Discussions
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™