Bedroom furniture by Durham

lpnelsonMarch 12, 2010

After months of searching for a solid wood bed (not made in China) I came across Durham Furniture. Based on other threads in this forum, I feel confident the quality will be excellent.

My issue now is deciding between two of their product lines

1. The Mount Vernon http://www.durhamfurniture.com/collections.php?category_id=10

or

2. The Chateau Fontaine

http://www.durhamfurniture.com/products.php?product_id=106

I would appreciate inputs on which one would be a better bet...and something of a timeless style

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
happyhollisters

We bought the Chateau Fontaine a year and a half ago and love it. I have traditional taste and this does seem timeless to me. A few pictures.

Bookmark   March 12, 2010 at 11:10PM
susanlynn2012

I love my Durham Bedroom set since it is so well made, prettier in person than I any picture of saw of it and is solid wood. I have the Royal Cottage in Sand White. If I ever get married and move to a bigger home, I would use my bedroom set for a guest room and buy one of the darker wood sets that have dressers that are wider (would not fit in my current bedroom so I went with the collection that would look best with the smaller room that I have now). I love the Mount Vernon for the stile of the furniture, the placement of the knobs, the choices furniture pieces that you have and the beautiful bed frames that the collection offers.

The Château Fontaine is very pretty and classic also and looks beautiful in happyhollister's bedroom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Durham Furniture: The Mount Vernon

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 12:41AM
susanlynn2012

Château Fontaine By Durham Furniture Link:

Very nice also and the quality and beauty is even prettier in person for all Durham Collections I have learned.

Here is a link that might be useful: Château Fontaine By Durham Furniture

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 12:43AM
lpnelson

happyhollister, thank you so much for posting those pictures. Your bedroom collection looks wonderful.

Thank you lyn2006 for the links.

We got to see the quality first hand at the Flemington Dept store. They had the Chateau Fonatine Euro, the Mount Vernon and the Saville Row on display. I must say, we are impressed.

The Mount Vernon Mansion bed is gorgeous (I could go on about it)but, unfortunately it seems like it would overpower our room.

We are now considering the Chateau Fontaine Euro Bed since we liked the lower head board and the side profile (the bed will be placed in a way that you get to see the side first as you enter the room).

Please keep the thoughts coming.

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 4:31PM
simplybedrooms

Lovely traditional bedroom furnitre.Have you seen the traditional bedroom furniture available in the UK. You should check out this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: sliding wardrobe doors:bedroom furniture:wardrbes:beds

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™