Mohawk Smartstrand vs Smartstrand Silk

dekeoboeFebruary 1, 2013

I want to go with the Mohawk Smartstrand. I found a carpet I am interested in, Serenity or Contentment (same carpet different weight), but it is the Smartstrand Silk. I cannot figure out how to find a similar carpet in the plain Smartstrand line. The Mohawk customer service line is not helpful. And their website it terrible to navigate. I tried searching by color (Flaxen) but that didn't get me anywhere either.

I have been to my two local stores, one of which is where I found the Serenity/Contentment, but neither of them have a similar carpet in the Smartstrand line. Basically, I am looking for a multi-color (beiges) cut pile carpet. Any suggestions? I can try other stores, but they are all at least 45 minutes away and there is no guarantee they have what I am looking for. If I had a couple of names of lines to look at, I could try calling to see if they have them or getting one of the local stores to order me samples.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DIYguy_FL

FYI, SmartStrand Silk is a premium soft carpet. SmartStrand carpet will not be AS soft as SmartStrand Silk carpet, but is still incredibly soft. Just a disclaimer lol

Serenity and Contentment are similar base, difference is that one has a heavier spec weight. I would try looking up fleck carpets like Longboat Key, Appalachian Trail &or Roswell Station, I think they will be similar to what you're looking for. Worth a shot!

This post was edited by DIYguy_FL on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 12:51

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 12:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dekeoboe

Thanks for the suggestions. Appalachian Trail may work. The other two appear to be friezes, which are too long for me. That seems to be what I am running into, the fleck carpets are mainly friezes and it is difficult to find the ones that aren't friezes.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Marble floor in a high traffic area?
I was planning to purchase marble for the floor in...
lucik77
Flooring for road noise - Carpet or LVT
Hi Everyone, We are looking into replacing our entire...
houston70sranch
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™