Napoleon BGD36CF?

oruborisSeptember 30, 2007

Anyone have any experience with this clean face model? The local fp shop reccomends it as a nice unit for ambiance, but the efficiency is only 64%/ 53% AFUE [not sure what that means], and there doesn't seem to be any turndown-- its either on or off.

I'm wondering if its a cheap builder's grade unit, appropriate only for use a few times a year.

I plan to burn the unit in my bedroom almost everynight [at this elevation, even summer nights are cool or cold], and I'm wondering how long it would take to make up [say] another $1000 for a unit that burns at 85%/75%AFUE and has a blower...

They don't have this model up and running, so I haven't seen it work, which also scares me a bit.

Here's a link to the spec page, if anyone can help me make sense of these numbers, I'd be most grateful...

Here is a link that might be useful: Napoleon FP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
highheat

i am a dealer of some napoleon fireplaces, but i don't sell there gas units because i don't like there performace. I recomend Monessen or Kingsman for a bedroom they both have clean faced units that put out good heat. If you need more help email me highhheatfp@hotmail.com

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™