Porcelain Wood Flooring

GoneToMauiFebruary 18, 2012

I'm trying to select porcelain wood flooring. Looking for the most realistic and highest quality manufactures. Suggestions and/or pics?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stonetech

Go to a couple of good tile stores to look in person. Only you know what you'll like best. Aside appearance, sight down the length of the tile...good one's are straight and flat. If the tile is "cupped," installation is difficult and you'll probably have lippage issues.

As an adjunct, I saw some very good quality product recently at Lowes (?)

Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 2:43PM
GoneToMaui

Looking for high quality, color-through product. Have in hand many samples, and been to about 6 tile stores after many hours searching internet sites now. Problem is all tiles I see look immediately less colorless than real wood and not realistic. Willing to pay for premium product. Are there any realistic wood porcelain products out there?

Searched this forum and found only 1 thread that seems to point in a good direction. Haven't seen samples yet but may have to order.

Thanks!

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 5:12PM
GreenDesigns

Most stuff looks a lot different 5 feet and horizontal from your eyes than it does 6" up close and vertical looking for "fake".

Also be sure your floor is rigid enough to be able to use these really long tiles. If you have any flex at all, they'll crack. If you are on a crawlspace, use the joist size, spacing, and length to calculate the deflection to see if you have to stiffen your floor before installing. Just enter your values into the John Bridge
Deflectolator and it will tell you if your floor is stiff enough. Unfortunately, I can't link to the site directly but if you go to John Bridge dotcom with the following suffix it will take you there. /vbulletin/deflecto.pl

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 12:40PM
agentslim

I was looking into porcelain wood flooring as well. I have since just decided to go with engineered wood cause the great looking porcelain wood cost more!
Check out Porcelanosa Wood Tec. It runs about $12 psqft for material only. Wood floors go for less then that! Keep me updated with your search, I may revert to it!

Here is a link that might be useful: woodtec

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 5:00PM
More Discussions
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
Appalachian Flooring made in Canada
http://www.appalachianflooring.com/evershine I have...
cindywhitall
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
Inexpensive laminate for apt. over a detached garage?
I'm shopping for a laminate for this space, my contactor...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™