Sources for swivel/rocker chairs

andreadegMarch 1, 2012

Well, it's finally time to say good bye to the rocker/glider. I bought it when I brought my son home so I would have a place to rock him, but he is 9 now and the rocker glider has been used and looks like death warmed over.

It's time to upgrade a little! My son still likes to sit in the rocker so I want to retain that, plus I'd like the ability to have the chair swivel.

Any recommendations on where to buy such an item? Ethan Allen had one chair but it is a little boxy looking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Their are many manufactures for the swivel - rocker, try either LazyBoy or Best Chair or Fairfield Chair to name a few.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 11:14AM
davidpj

La-Z-Boy has a lifetime warranty on the mechanics of most of the recliners. We recently had a problem with the mechanism with our 11-12 year old La-Z-Boy recliner. I figured out what was broken and called the company. They told me what parts I needed to fix the chair and I had them free of charge within 1 week.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 1:28PM
andreadeg

Fairfield has a good many choices! Thank you! I've never heard of Fairfield before; can anyone comment on theq uality of Fairfield's products?

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 11:43AM
sas95

Carolina Chair is another option. They sell direct to the consumer. We bought a sleeper sofa from them and they are great to work with and the quality is excellent.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 10:35PM
mamasookie

check out Tell City glider rockers. I've had one since 1977 and love it still today! Replacement parts are easy to get as I did have to replace the straps one time in 35 years. It was a very inexpensive fix. Chair is as beautiful today as it was in the 70's.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 2:58PM
More Discussions
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™