Need help finding a good durable sectional

bevrogersMarch 1, 2012

So just under two years ago we purchased the buchanan sectional from Pottery barn in the Harvest Yellow - brushed canvas. we have been so completely unsatisfied. the sectional is comfortable but it is not wearing well. we had a cleaner look at it to see if they could do anything - but said most of the stain showing is rub from blue jeans and will never come off... We are out a good bit of money there. I need to replace it - grosses me out now! We have a dark brown leather recliner in the room and need a fabric sectional to go with it. not fans of microsuede. What suggestions do you have on a durable fabric? Suggestions on manufactures that have a product that can stand up to the countries most popular clothing - blue jeans??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Maybe more of the fault of the dye in the blue jeans and the combination of yellow fabric didnt help. Natural fibers are more comfortable but the synthetics wear better, so a fabric with blends of both and enough texture to conceal normal wear and dirt will help. I would look at re-upholstering, you have a wide choice of fabrics and would cost less than new. Thats if you have a good frame in the PB, as some of their sofas were built by Mccreary Modern others by Mitchell Gold and other manufactures as well.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 11:03AM
bevrogers

unfortunately if it was a denim issue it appears to have been an issue with all family members - lots of blue faded in and we all have our fav spots so not the same pair causing the damage. how do you determine what frame the couch is??

we are looking at King Hickory if we replace the sofa. any one with thoughts on that brand?

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 3:53PM
rmanbike

If your looking at King Hickory, I suggest also to look at Huntington House, as they have about the same styles and quality a bit better.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™