Framed Fireplace

tallokasAugust 29, 2009

I've seen in some of the newer homes they frame the wall space above the mantle with crown moulding. Most are square but some are arched. It can be small as a box above the mantle or as large as covering the entire wall above the mantle. Does anyone what this is called?

I would like to find some pictures to get some ideas, I can't do a search because I don't know what this would be called.

Does anyone know?


Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™