Copper dining table or alternative?

craig00March 11, 2008

For our kitchen remodel were were originally going to have a table (40 x 72) fashioned of granite with a permanent base made by the general contractor. For a variety of reasons we're now considering another material. A friend/designer came up with mosaic tile (What I've seen so far, I'm not a fan) and DW is looking at copper tables with iron bases. Beautiful VERY expensive and I'm not sure how practical they are. I'm a wood kinda guy but DW prefers something more unique yet warm.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mogator88

Copper???? Why???? Do you know anything about copper? Google for information on copper countertops and check out the pictures.

Unique - yes
Practical - well, it will last forever.

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 2:37PM
summiebee

Arhaus.com carries a copper table. I have a friend who has one and has had it for a few years and like it a lot. I do not know much about them though. Good luck!
Summie

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 3:25PM
mogator88

You may have been looking at the Arhaus tables as well. Hammered copper is just that - hammered. I can't see close enough to tell, but I'm guessing that it isn't flat - probably bumpy like mosaic tile. I'm just not a fan of bumpy tables and things that give your hands a funny taste.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 6:11PM
summiebee

Yes, they are bumpy, not as bad as mosaic though. I would say it feels sort of like a pebbled leather when you run your hand over it. Not so bumpy that plates are going to wobble but bumpy enough that writing on paper on it will not give you a smooth look.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 11:51PM
mairin

craig: did you decide yet on a table?? I just saw the copper table at arhaus and just love it. We have a small coffee table in hammered copper with a very dark finish - but it seems to have laquered finish on it which shows scratches. After reading a lot on copper, it seems as though this is not hard to care for

Bookmark   March 30, 2009 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Lee Industries Sofa--worst ever furniture
I can use everyone's assistance in helping me solve...
sf_treat
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™