Wine Rack Wood Maple, Oak, Teak ??

rich3294March 4, 2009

Hi I am looking for a wine rack to goutside of my kitchen. i have found someone selling what looks like a perfect item. They offer it in Oak, Maple and Teak. Eventually I will stain it most likely a Cherrywood to match when we re-do the kitchen. I understand Teak is for high moisture areas. Are these all as sturdy under the weight of many bottle. Which one will stain better ? Please help

Thanks

Rich

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_a

Any of those woods will be sufficiently sturdy, but it depends more on the construction than the type of wood. They are all hardwoods. If you had a picture or link, that would be helpful. Are you sure they are actually made of these woods, or offered in finishes called "Teak," etc? More importantly, are they finished or unfinished? If you plan to eventually stain to cherry color, you want unfinished wood. If they are finished, I'd suggest you just pick the one you like the best; it doesn't have to match your cabinets if it's a standalone piece. I could see any of them as being compatible with cherry; I'd probably go with either the maple or oak, for color.

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 1:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Patiosclotures

The solid oak wine rack system can be perfectly tailor-made to fit any space and meet individual requirements for storage of wine cases, individual standard wine bottles, half bottles, magnums and other larger format wine bottles. The designs available on the wine racks are wide and varied. Some are normal square or rectangular shaped wine rack with few shelves. Some are available in triangular shape.

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 2:13AM
More Discussions
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
inna0410
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™