Madison From Casco Bay

bkay001March 12, 2010

Can anyone provide feedback on Casco Bay?

Also if you have Madison sofa , how well is it holding up

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
detmed

Just purchased the Madison leather queen sleeper sofa from Casco Bay Furniture (cascobayfurniture.com). It's the equivalent of RH's Maxwell sleeper. I got it for $2600 delivered with a five year warranty. Just priced it out on the Restoration Hardware website and it is $5600 delivered (with 6% sales tax in MI)!

I'm not sure if I even need to say anything else. The salesman at Casco Bay, Robert Allen, was conscientious beyond expectation and really in my opinion epitomizes quality customer service. Although I don't think they can advertise that it is the same sofa, apparently they approached RH's former manufacturer once RH outsourced it overseas and are now selling it directly.

I'll add this: I am a physician, I pay way too much attention to detail, so believe me when I say this sofa is the exact same thing at less than half the price.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 1:01PM
richesq

Detmed, you had previously posted that when you received the sofa the seats were very firm. Have the softened up over time? Am thinking of purchasing the Manchester but am concerned about having that lived in cushy softness.

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 11:36AM
joecool112

I got the Madison from casco bay after researching and finding out restoration hardware had quality issues. I live in nyc so I even went to their outlet in queens and you can definitely see the low quality. I got Madison brompton cocoa and at first it was very firm. After a couple months of sitting on it daily the leather is softening up nicely. I fall asleep on it constantly, in fact my girlfriend is sleeping on it now. The couch is super comfortable.

Bookmark   September 22, 2014 at 12:37AM
More Discussions
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™