Drolet wood burning fireplace insert

dagremlinAugust 29, 2006

Is anyone familiar with this insert sold by Northern Tool? If you have this type, can you please tell me how efficiently it works and what your general opinion is? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Drolet Escape 1400i is an Ul and EPA certified stove. If this is the model you are looking for. Almost all installed in exterior exposed fireplaces /chimneys require a full stainless stell UL 1777 aproved liner systems. The problem with mail order or Northern tools is installation they do not schedule it. Aufull hard to get warranty issues solved with a 3oo lb beast to move and ship All these factors have to be considered not just price. the Drolet is what it, is a lower cost plate steel insert, that will provide. suplemental heating In a month the big box stores will have simmilar stoves called Englanders plus sell venting material For more detailed responses you should post on Hearth.com and detail your existing fireplace flue size and setup there you will get advice from a lot of experienced users dealers

    Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 6:03PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
How can I update this 60s facade?
The home I'm buying was built in 1959 and I don't think...
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™