adapters for class A pipe 8' to 12'

kms4meAugust 22, 2008

We have a wood stove that needs 8" diameter pipe. Have an opportunity to purchase new Class A pipe that is 12" at a fraction of original cost. My question is, does anyone know if there are adapters made that we could use to connect the 8" opening on our stove to a 12" pipe? Or would this be a mistake?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need to get 8" pipe. Your draft will disappear when you dump into the 12" pipe.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 3:05PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Yikes! Fireplace smells terrible!
Hey everyone, I just bought a house built in the late...
Bodart & Gonay Optifire zero-clearance wood FP?
While browsing around shopping for a wood zero-clearance...
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
Sponsored Products
Scania Sienna 6" Tech Pendant for Lightolier Track Systems
Euro Style Lighting
16x16 White Onyx Stone Bathroom Premium Sink - PARIS
H1400 Linear Series Bath Bar by Illuminating Experiences
$147.60 | Lumens
Moreau Linear Pendant Light
Bruck | Scorpio I Spot
$138.75 | YLighting
Thirsty Stemmed Glasses White - Tse & Tse
$34.00 | HORNE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™