Reclining sofas

kellikunesFebruary 12, 2013

My husband and I are looking to purchase a new reclining sofa and love seat. He like the Best reclining sofa because it is so comfortable, how well they are built, and the warranty. I agree with all of that but I think they look out of date and have no modern structure to them. Of course he loves the one with all of the tucks because it is the most comfortable so we were going to order them. But then I went and found a lane reclining sofa that was just as comfortable but had a little more modern structure to it. So I am wondering which company is better to go with as far as quality and what not?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I'd suggest not getting in any rush and you will find one that is well built, comfortable and appealing to you.

I've never heard of 'the Best reclining sofa".

From the link below:
Pick a sofa you will love for a long time. Your reclining sofa will be with you for many years, and you will likely be spending a lot of time on it. So be comfortable with this piece of furniture as the centerpiece of your living room.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Buy a Reclining Sofa

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 5:25AM
rmanbike

quote "Best reclining sofa" I believe kellikunes is referring to Best Chair Company, in Ohio.
Not sure the link for how to buy a reclining sofa is all that helpful.
The story behind the quality of motion furniture (recliners included) is the metal mechanism. The engineering design and the quality of the metal used will determine how long the sofa or chair will last. Legget & Platt and Hickory Springs are the 2 major US suppliers for the recliner mechanisms. They usually have the best quality mechanisms. Many manufacturers import their mechanisms from China, including Best Chair and Lane. A cheaper mechanism with weak joints and low quality steel will not last long.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 1:42PM
freethinker99

In the popular price point Best Chair does make a pretty good product. Many retailers were kept afloat during the recession by Best Chairs among others.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 5:14PM
freethinker99

I just posted this on another thread, but a pair of ottomans is in my opinion preferable to a reclining sofa. It will last longer. It is more comfortable and has more uses.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 6:10PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
Does Vanguard Furniture make a quality sectional
Hello. I am agonizing over finding the right sectional...
maggiewp
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™