Firerock/Isokern firebox opinions

gapeach01August 26, 2006

I mentioned these in a reply a few minutes ago and thought I would put a post out there to see if I can get some opinions.

Anybody care to weigh in on the Firerock/Isokern units?

Keep in mind that I am sold on the traditional fireplace and look and am not interested in the clearly more efficient avenues available. Call me old fashioned... we just love it and have an unlimited supply of firewood.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mountainstoveguy

I saw these in salt lake last year (isokern) and they looked like fantastic quality units. Far superior then any metal fireplace i have seen. The cast brick work was very detailed and they offered expansive sizes. Im guessing your in GA, that might be a incorrect assumption, but these types of units are ideal for that area. The webmaster of Hearth.com was intrested in these last year, you might post over at hearth.net and get more feedback. Be shure that you mention your location, and your intent. Then it wont get out of hand like the other thread in here. FWIW, the only reason i mentioned EPA in the other thread was because of location. Hope this helped.

Bookmark   August 26, 2006 at 4:50PM
gapeach01

Thanks mountainstove guy and your right... GA it is (what gave me away???)

I heard about and saw the Isokern first but then saw the Fire Rock and liked it even better. There is a pretty good comparison on Fire Rock's web site and they are made right here in GA not to mention that the compressive strength of the masonry materials is more than double that of the Isokern. I know that makes them heavier but that is not an issue for me.

Thanks much for the input, it did indeed help to get your take!

Bookmark   August 26, 2006 at 7:12PM
outdoor_fireplace

Fire Rock has a website with many pictures and examples....both indoor and outdoor fireplaces

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire Rock Website and Fireplace Photos

Bookmark   February 11, 2007 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™