Creosote on brick fireplaces
I just had a sweep come to do my brick fireplace. He informed me of the creosote that accumulated on the upper area of the chimney, which could cause a fire.
He also said that cleaning it would do no good and that it needs to be coated on the inside with something (sorry, can't remember what) that will prevent the creosote from building up, and, doing this will cost $800.00. When he said that, I said I would think about it.
I always thought that there was nothing but brick for the chimney, although, I could be wrong. Has anyone experienced this???