Fireplace Liner??

arod2051August 22, 2011

I've been searching for a few weeks to figure out what I have in my fireplace. It looks like a liner that is connected to the damper directly above the fire, not on the top of the chimney. As you can tell, it is grossly warped and rusted.

I'd like to simply get it replaced (or removed, altogether) but I have no idea where to get this taken care of, nor, what it is called. I visited two fireplace stores and they only sell gas fireplace inserts or doors.

I am asking if anyone has the name of this 'liner' or advise on next steps.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go over to and the experts there can answer this. It looks to me to be a prefab unit or a gas one that has been used for wood. Either way, it looks unsafe to use.

    Bookmark   August 27, 2011 at 6:47AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
Gas Fireplace question
We recently bought a second home, and it has a gas...
Indoor/Outdoor Fireplace
Does anyone own an indoor/outdoor dual sided fireplace?...
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
Lennox Montebello See Through?
Anyone have some first hand experience with this unit?...
Sponsored Products
Vision Bioethanol Fireplace
Mosaic Tile: Solistone Flooring Modern Opera 12 in. x 12 in. x 9.5mm Marble
$19.00 | Home Depot
Hudson Real Flame Espresso Ventless Gel Fireplace
Shangri-La Black Slate Random Brick Glass and Stone Tile
$18.99 | TileBar
44" Minka Traditional Concept Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Department 56 Simpsons Light-Up 'Springfield Elementary' School
$29.99 | zulily
Mrs. Powers Fireplace Screen - BLACK
$995.00 | Horchow
Vance Fireplace Mantel
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™