sleep number beds

dougy2040February 7, 2009

Does anyone have information or experience with the Select Comfort sleep number beds, good or bad experiences? We have slept on a good quality waterbed for twenty plus years, and think now we need a change to something better. We are both having back pain.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debbie_2008

tempur pedic or if you have bedroom one in your area check out their comfort pedic.

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 12:34PM
racequeen

I have had one of the original sleep number beds for 13 years and we are very happy with it. We also have one at our cabin as well. I have several relatives and friends who also have them and no one is ready to trade it in on anything else.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 6:42PM
monicakm_gw

I hated mine :( My son in law doesn't like his (haven't heard if my daughter still likes it or not). My best friend agrees it's certainly not the most comfortable bed she's slept in but it helps her back. Her husband doesn't like it. Another friend just traded hers for a regular bed. I've never slept on one but I've heard people complain that the Temperpedic(sp?) mattresses are quite hot. Sorry, it's a tuff thing for others to advise :(

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 11:36PM
linnea56

IÂve been wondering about the Temperpedics. I received a sample, and itÂs certainly cushy, but IÂm not sure I believe what they say about pressure points. Plus, I would think synthetic foam would not let the skin breathe. I find synthetic fabrics in things like socks or slippers make me perspire. I had several Dearfoams slippers and couldnÂt wear them for more than a few minutes. WouldnÂt foam in a mattress do the same thing? But maybe thatÂs just me.

Bookmark   February 15, 2009 at 12:04AM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
trundle bed/daybed questions
My mom is giving me the trundle bet frame and mattresses...
cindywhitall
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™