fireplace surround ideas needed pls!

mirucaAugust 24, 2013

We are looking for ideas for a clean, modern looking fireplace surround that is not hugely expensive. We liked a very simple dark grey stone - but fabricator priced it at $1,398 - and it is a small fireplace!

So now we are looking for tile or other ideas. We do not like the tile & grout look of the large square tiles.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joseph_Davis

I think you should consider stone veneer for fireplace surrounding. Stone veneer looks a lot like the real thing, with styles ranging from stacked stone to river rock. And if its nicer price tag makes it an option that's hard to pass up. I am telling you this because I have the experience of selection of stone during the construction of fireplace surrounding in my sisters house. We also were confused in making choice between stone or tiles but finally we decided with stone and the choice was correct. The stone veneer really looks cool and I think you should read this blog post http://www.northstarstone.biz/blog/12-ways-to-add-beautiful-stone-veneer-to-your-home/ which will help you in this.

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 2:52AM
kayakboy

best thing is to go to Houzz.com and search for something you like.

Houzz.com

with search for fireplace surround.
http://www.houzz.com/fireplace-surround

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 9:00AM
Toni S

we are installing small tile, I guess 3x6 on Monday and Tuesday. I will try to remember to post a picture. We have a modern looking, linear fireplace by Cozy Heat installed, just need the tile. Will be putting a mantle and a TV above it.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 11:58PM
More Discussions
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
Power for Fan
So I have a very nice Martin sc36 gas fireplace that...
ACwannaBe
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™