Glide rocker repair

coolelk3February 1, 2013

I have a broken piece on my glide rocker. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Looks like a cast iron/steel part, most likely made in china. Not sure where or if you could find a exact replacement.
If your handy with a drill, I could tell you how to repair this.

    Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

To me it looks a little heavy duty to be made in China. Do you know the name of the manufacturer. You could call them for the part. Just a shot but this type of wooden framed Canadian Glider is made by Dutalier of Canada their number is 450-772-2432. Post a better picture of the whole chair. Maybe someone can identify it if you don't know the name of the manufacturer.

    Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 1:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Even though it looks like a thick heavy part, a metallurgist might tell you different. Its easy to tell because of the texture of the part and the seams along the center. So this is not a forged steel part. Compare wrenches/tools from Snap-on and Harbor Freight to get a good example of what im talking about.

    Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 10:37AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
Horchow new chairs
Anybody knows the manufacturer of these chairs? Where...
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™