What grain wood laminate goes with oak cabinets?.

mary44February 12, 2009

I will be getting a would laminate in my kichen. I currently have a galley kitchen with a medium color oak cabinets and my table is also oak. What grain floors and color tones compliment oak?? I really don't want oak floor I think it is too muck oak and might look country and my house is more traditional/transitional style. Would love to see some of your pics for inspiration. I have some pictures to post but have to figure out how to do it. The copy and paste function did not work. I am a new member to gardenweb and still learning!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ccoombs1

I'm not really sure that any laminate wood would look good against real wood. I think if your cabinets were painted white you could get away with it, but laminate only looks good if you can't compare it to the real thing. Have you thought about slate or stone laminate? I have seen that and it looks fantastic!

You have to load your pictures on a host site like Photobucket and then put the code here for pictures to show up. If you use photobucket, it will give you 4 little code boxes under each picture. Copy and paste the contents of the 3rd box into your Gardenweb post.

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 11:17AM
susanlynn2012

I also agree that a stone laminate may look nice against your oak floor. Pictures would help.

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 6:38PM
susanlynn2012

Sorry, I meant a stone laminate floor would look nice against your oak cabinets. The phone rang and I accidentally clicked send.

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 6:39PM
avaclark

Oak on Oak.

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 9:53AM
ccoombs1

avaclark, is your floor real wood or an oak laminate? It looks nice!

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 2:03PM
susanlynn2012

I love the look of the oak floor with the oak cabinets. Is this a solid wood oak, an engineered wood oak or oak laminate?

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 2:35PM
kjboatright_hotmail_com

I too have oak floors (solid wood) and oak cabinets. Would an oak dining table work?

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 10:31PM
More Discussions
LVP Underlayment
Hello all. Like everyone here I am in the middle of...
ryancoc22
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Kentwood Hardwood Flooring
Has anyone installed wood flooring from Kentwood? If...
MichelleDT
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™