New book (mainly Canadian) about Retirement Planning

joyfulguyApril 7, 2009

Hi folks,

I found a good book at the library the other day, "NEW RULES of Retirement: What Your Financial Advisor Isn't Telling You". It's popular - can only borrow for 7 days, rather than the usual 3 weeks, can't put on hold or renew, and late penalty is $2/day rather than usual 15 cents.

I've written a thread over on "Retirement" - I'll include a link here.

Good wishes for starting early to plan your retirement ... doing a good job ... and getting going early on implementation, as well.

Sure is nice to have a financial cushion during one's earning years, as well: financial freedom!

ole joyful

Here is a link that might be useful: New Canadian Retirement Planning book

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

Looks like it might be a good read.

Does it mention what regulatory bodies one should contact if one detects broker malfeasance? Not that the regulatory bodies have done much to begin with!

In any case it is good to have as much information as possible BEFORE handing your money over to a stranger.

Here is title I found invaluable during my search for a credible broker.

"Brokerage Fraud: What Wall Street Doesn't Want You To Know"

Tracy Pride Stoneman and Douglas J. Schulz, renowned securities expert witness (www.securitiesexpert.com) about the brokerage industry.

"Douglas J. Schultz and Tracy Pride Stoneman have co-authored what could well be the first truly in-depth examination of the many ways, and potential ways, that the investing public gets ripped off in Brokerage Fraud...This book is based on their many cases, thorough knowledge of securities law and industry procedures. They are the people you want on your side if you ever have a complaint about your financial adviser."

A link that might be useful:

www.brokeragefraud.com/

Bookmark   April 7, 2009 at 9:58AM
More Discussions
Do I need to give a 1099-misc to the lady who cleans for me?
For the first time ever, I began having a lady clean...
sogofan
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
Home Loan advise? Remodel and Addition
I am looking into a renovation/remodel of my current...
allieundercover
Tiny pension - Taking lump sum or monthly annuity payment
I just received a notice from a previous employer asking...
azmom
Garrett Financial Network
Does anyone have experience with Garrett Financial...
sushipup1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™