Lennox Elite LBV advice

jennsbJuly 20, 2009

I found a Lennox Elite LBV 43" gas fireplace for $450 at our local Habitat for Humanity Re-store. It was never installed so it is brand new. Any thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lennox Elite LBV

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justme_lori

B-vent means the air in the room is what feeds the fire. In other words, your warm air is going up the chimney. If you want a fireplace for looks more than heat, go for it. But if you are thinking it's going to be an actual heat source, think again. Also: these have a realistic flame and glass is optional. But: if you have cats - get the glass doors! cat's tend to spray or urinate on the logs (something about the smell I think) and you'll never get the smell out! Also, the first 8 to 12 hrs of burn - everything is curing. open the windows. the smell is not harmful, just smokey and gross. Some people are also very sensitive to the smell of gas. while these aren't as potent as a vent free unit, they can affect some people. I suggest you visit a shop that has B-vent units on display. check one out as it's burning and see if you like it. good luck!

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 12:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennsb

Thank you for the info. We are in Southern California so heat is not too much of an issue. I will take your advice and check one out at a fireplace shop. Although we don't have a Lennox dealer within 50 miles but I'm sure any B-venting fireplace will give me an idea. Oh, and no cats, just dogs.

Bookmark   August 1, 2009 at 1:59AM
More Discussions
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
something stinks in here!
I built a fire in out basement fireplace last week,...
congaman59
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™