How to connect 100 gallon propane tank to grill

craig00July 4, 2008

I'm unsure which forum to post this question, but I have Silver model Weber with the usual 5 gallon propane tank. Just a few feet away I have a 100 gallon tank for my fireplace.

How would I go about putting a splitter on the larger tank and connecting a hose directly to the Weber?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maxdel

I have a similiar situation but plan to call someone to do it for me. The main reason is that it can be a safety issue if I did something wrong. Imagine what a gas leak near a flame near your 100 gallon tank would do...

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 12:49PM
heimert

Presumably a T, a shut-off, and a quick-connect valve would do the trick.

As maxdel says, I would have a contractor do this unless you know what you're doing with gasfitting, which if you're asking this question I suspect you do not.

Check with your propane company--they may well do it for free since it means you'll be using more of their propane. It's certainly not a particularly involved job. I'm not a licensed plumber but I'd be more than comfortable doing this with water supply. Gas? Not so much.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 12:17PM
woodinvirginia

You would contact a licensed plumber or licensed propane company in your state. I added line to my backup generator & have 500 gal propane tank (buried) outside.

If anything happens to your house & you don't have this done by a professional & INSPECTED by your county building officals you could be SOL if anything happens..JMHO.

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
freestanding gas stove flaming out- vent problem?
I have a free standing direct vented gas stove vented...
pooper
do you recognize this stacked stone?
I would like to install stacked stone and found this...
rosebay
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™