Round Woodstove Sunset Magazine

PwdrhdutJuly 7, 2005

In a recent (last 2-3 months) Sunset Magazine there was a photo of a round woodstove. It even had wood storage in it's base. I saw it at work and now the magazine has disappeared.

If you subscribe to Sunset could you check to see if they list a manufacture for the stove? If anyone knows of a round woodstove, let me know! I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Xanndra

This was most likely an import. There are some semi-round ones from a swedish company, I believe. I have not researched this for you. "Round" could mean many things to many people, but I think I know what you are speaking of.

Try your search again, but this time for all woodstoves/wood heaters made in the world/imported. It's all about searching using the right keyword(s). The word "round" isn't going to do it.

Bookmark   July 7, 2005 at 11:30AM
iinsic

Check out this site, it may have what you are looking for. There are also a couple other brands that are similar, but in researching these for awhile, this brand seems to have the most options.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rais Wittus

Bookmark   July 21, 2005 at 3:55PM
Pwdrhdut

Thank you SOOO much iinsic! Not surprising, there are no dealers in Salt Lake City. May be a good excuse to head to Jackson Hole to pick one up though!

Thanks!
Scott

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 12:34AM
iinsic

Good luck with your search. You may also wish to go to hearth.com. They have links to Morso and "Scan" stoves, which I believe are a little less pricey than the Rais.

Bookmark   August 2, 2005 at 8:45AM
cityguide

I think iinsinc found what you were looking for, Pwdrhdut. On page 118 of the May 2005 issue of Sunset is a picture of a Rais stove as you described it. The article is titled "Open door policy", about a remodeling project for a home in Los Angeles.

Bookmark   August 15, 2005 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
direct vent gas fireplace
Hello, I just bought a house and there is a Monessen...
shahgee84
How can I update this 60s facade?
The home I'm buying was built in 1959 and I don't think...
demeterchaos
Non-angled corner fireplace?
How would you describe this fireplace? I've been trying...
fenix409
Recommendation on direct-vent gas fireplace?
Hi all, We are building a new home and plan to have...
kitchengirl
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
ryebread2111111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™