Collection Agency and Validation??

wnlbutterflyMarch 22, 2004

Not sure if it's validation or verification...I get confused. I got my TU Credit Report (well, actually hubby's as he brings in most of the income). And there is only three issues on there to deal with (which considering what we have been through isn't bad).

One is an old medical bill that is in collections. What do I send to this CA to get more info? It is only 1 year from being SOL (statute of limitations), and only $300. If I were to pay it off, what is the best way to get them to update the credit report so that it is showing improvement?

The second is a Tire company card which I just paid off, so that should get taken care of quickly (did dispute online).

And the third was just an update on the Cap 1 that I paid off recently as well. Any suggestions is appreicated. THANKS

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Before sending any money, you might contact the collection agency and have them send you a copy of the bill and what you owe. Also you might contact the medical office to make sure they have turned the bill over to the collection agency you are dealing with. Some collection agencies will send notices to all those with like/similar names, even though they don't owe any money.
Marie

Bookmark   April 16, 2004 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
Spending Breakdown
My wife and I have tracked our spending over the last...
rjexit5
Just because you pay your bills on time.....
doesn't guarantee you have good credit The "Paying...
myfask
Ontario - Canadian law question
Hi: I am hoping I can find someone on the forum who...
mistopheles52
Tiny pension - Taking lump sum or monthly annuity payment
I just received a notice from a previous employer asking...
azmom
child tax credit, age 17 cutoff
I was just wondering if anyone knew the logic behind...
jiggreen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™