Anyone know anything about Ark Flooring?

mr_nimJanuary 30, 2010

I'm thinking about buying a bunch of it. Originally we were going with a dark red cherry made by Columbia but we are nervous about the softness and light sensitivity of cherry. Now we found a similar color by Ark that is in Maple but it is significantly cheaper (columbia is 12$ while Ark is 7.25$) and I can't seem to find any reviews on Ark.

Anyone?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mr_nim

Oh, to clarify, I'm looking at solid hardwood. Any thoughts on Ark's quality?

Bookmark   January 31, 2010 at 9:38PM
mr_nim

Man, NO ONE has used Ark flooring, eh? That makes me nervous.

Bookmark   February 3, 2010 at 4:58PM
woodfloorpro

Read their web site. They private label products from various companies from around the world. Dark and maple? likely a Chinese product.

Bookmark   February 12, 2010 at 7:03PM
easteregg

We installed Ark flooring in January. It was engineered since we have a concrete slab. The wood was Curupay (or Patagonian Rosewood) from Brazil. Obviouxly I can't testify to the quality over time but we are impressed so far. The floor is beautiful. It has a big color variation from blonde to dark brown but more of a blended (not busy) look. We are very happy with it.

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 5:41PM
blondie859111

I was interested in an Ark floor until I realized it was made in China, and the one I was looking at also used wood from China. Still trying to stay away from all China made building products so I passed. The very honest flooring rep I was dealing with shook his head when I went near that line, so I also took that as a sign to steer clear.

Bookmark   May 30, 2010 at 9:17AM
mrwood

Ark sells their factory seconds, and defective products to Urban Floor, Los Angeles, CA area, who repacks it into Urban Floor cartons and sells it as #1 grade flooring. Urban Floor is what you should definitely avoid.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 11:08PM
UrbanFloor

Urban Floor has not and never will purchase seconds from any company. We import our own products, and do not buy any other suppliers products and repackage, as claimed above.

We strive in making sure that all our products go through an extensive Quality Control Process.

Bookmark   October 24, 2014 at 4:53PM
flooringdepot304

I have been doing business with Urbanfloor for a long time now. I have nothing but great experience with their products. Almost 100% of my customers are happy with Urban Floor. "Mrwood" be ashamed of yourself for starting a false rumor!

Bookmark   October 25, 2014 at 10:59PM
gregmills_gw

Hmmmm....I wonder is flooringdepot304 and Urban Floor are the same person.

Bookmark   October 26, 2014 at 9:29PM
More Discussions
has anyone put down oiled wood floors?
i fell in love with floors by a company called DuChateau....
Bridget Helm
wood floor finish (am I being too picky)
We recently had our wood floors refinished with the...
Jennifer White Green
farm house Floors
Hello everyone. I live in a old farmhouse in new england....
jennybog
floor refinishing question...how long does it really take?
I am looking at getting my floor refinished. It is...
cindywhitall
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™