Calico Corners Classic Home sofa quality

bae909February 25, 2012

We wandered into a floor sample sale today and were assured that the Classic Home sofa we were looking at (50% off) featured 8-way hand-tied springs. We were also offered reduced prices on labor and fabric for slipcovers (the color of the sofa just won't work in our house). I came home and looked at the Calico Corners website and the specifications on the Classic Home sofas and it appears that they contain Pirelli webbing. I am assuming this means the salesman lied about the spring foundation. Am I correct? Is about $1200 a steal for such a sofa (plus another $1100 for slipcovers)? Any guidance and advice welcome!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

Their is a lot said in this forum about how to determine if your buying a quality sofa. A high retail price then marked down in by itself doesnt mean your getting a good quality sofa for the money. I have seen manufacturers build the exact same sofa for different markets based upon price alone. Its been said time and time again when looking for a quality sofa, is to know the details: hardwood frames, dowel joinery thats glued & screwed, steel coils or sinuous wire seat, HR foam wrapped and fitted into a sewn cover, backs should have high density foam or back cushions should have high denier polyester either conjugated or cluster (best) fiber filled. Always check their warranty and return policy. You should know this before you purchase any sofa if its 500.00 or 10,000.00

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 10:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_wc

Salesman either lied or doesn't know better. Doesn't sound like a steal.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Bassett Custom Dining Tables
Anyone out there bought Bassett custom dining tables....
Gregstu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™