Grange furniture

trishannFebruary 14, 2006

Has anyone ever heard of Grange furniture? I looked at their website and their stuff is pretty nice. I was just wondering if anyone knew about the quality or the price range. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizh

Hi. I'm a decorator and there's a Grange showroom at my local design center so I've seen lots of their furniture. I also have their catalogue. Grange is made in France and very good quality. Most of their casegoods are cherry and there are lots of painted finishes.

Upholstery - some are 8 way hand tied and some are sinuous springs.

I really like their product line and the pieces are not overscaled. This would be furniture you would buy and hand down. Price range is upper med-high, depending on source.

Bookmark   February 14, 2006 at 8:19PM
mel_nj

In the NY metro area the only retailer that I know that carries Grange is Blommingdales.

Bookmark   February 15, 2006 at 5:08PM
parkie

Some great looking pieces on the Grange website. I particulary like the Kerala series case goods and tables ("re-interpretation of French Art Deco"). Are any US manufacturers producing furniture with a similar design?

Here is a link that might be useful: Grange Kerala series

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 12:38PM
lizh

Baker has some collections that are inspired by French Deco.
Go to 'Browse Collections' and then 'Contemporary'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker (Barbara Barry, Bill Sofield)

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 7:07PM
mama_mia

I bought a Grange Louis-phillippe bed about 4 years ago and love it. I purchased through a store that is no longer in business, but recently saw that bloomingdales carries some now. There is a Grange store/showroom in Canada (montreal?), I recall I contacted them directly for some questions, and got a catalog through them. there is a way to buy from them and have it delivered to the U.S., but of course you have to pay duty.

Bookmark   February 17, 2006 at 5:04PM
gw:grower-jean

I like making furniture as my project, I like to make a six drawer dresser But I don't know how can anybody tell me what to do thanks.

Bookmark   February 17, 2006 at 9:27PM
annmarie62

Hi, I was in 200 Lexington the other day, I don't know if you are in New York, but they have a Showroom there, (Very nice) you can't purchase from them, BUT if you see something you like, you can ask them and they will put you in touch with a designer who will purchase the furniture for you. I think they were on the 6th floor across from Henredon, but I don't remember -- I was all over.

Good Luck.

Bookmark   March 2, 2006 at 12:05PM
agtorange

There is also a Grange outlet on Empire Avenue in South Hackensack, NJ, not too far out of NYC.

Bookmark   January 15, 2007 at 9:41PM
furnone

There is a Grange Furniture showroom at the Boston Design Center too.

People, you would probably get more helpful and targeted responses if you would include your geographic location in your postings. I know the New England furniture market but I don't answer to a lot of posts not knowing what part of the country you are in.

Bookmark   January 17, 2007 at 2:49PM
fuzzywuzzer

Thank you all for sharing this info aboiut Grange. I have been considering Grange for a long time and searched this forum for more info.

Furnone, please don't let geography hold you back. I happen to live in the midsouth, a desert when it comes to furniture-buying. But I do travel to NJ and NYC, and I will stop in on Hackensack when I get a chance!

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 9:41AM
jerseygirl66

agtorange - I've seen ads for sales at the grange outlet. Is it open all the time and are there good buys to be had?

Bookmark   March 10, 2007 at 10:13PM
gina_vausa

If I remember correctly, ABC carpet and Home in Manhattan has a Grange showroom.

If you are looking for nicer cherry sleighbeds than Grange check out http://www.charlesprogers.com

They are also in Manhattan.

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 11:09AM
agtorange

I think its open Mon-Sat although I've only gone on weekends. There are moderate to significant discounts (of course Grange is pretty expensive to begin with) and the selection is fairly good.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 7:25AM
mice54

I am interested in looking at a used Grange leather club chair. How do their leather chairs compare to other high end manufacturers? Their website doesn't explain their leather or if chairs are eight way hand tied.

Bookmark   August 12, 2013 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™