Inheritance and financial advisors questions
My financial advisor moved to a different firm this week and I am now looking for another one. In 2008 I recieved a large amount of stock as an inheritance from my grandparents. By the grace of God, I sold it 1 week before the market crashed. So when I bought more stock in November I got a really good price. I used my father's financial advisor and he gave me a list of stocks to look over and I researched them and told him what I wanted to buy and I felt like I made some really good picks.
For the most part I have been really happy with my stocks and in the 3 years I have had it I have increased my portfolio by 20%. I have complete control over this account and it is not a managed account. I have bought and sold a few stocks but for the most part things have stayed the same.
Now onto my questions. I met with my brother's financial advisor yesterday and he said that my portfolio is very aggressive and he would like to see me have a more conservative portfolio. I have about 75% of my money in stocks and the other 25% is in bonds. Which is what I have heard is good for my age, 30. But my portfolio is 7 figures and I was wondering if because it is so large it needs to be more conservative.
My previous financial advisor didn't have a problem with it. He said that it had unbelievable growth and he was really happy with it. He bought what I said to buy and sold what I said to sell. He also didn't try to push me into a managed account like this new guy is. I would follow my old advisor but he moved to a smaller firm and I want to stay with the larger firm.
Thanks for your help.