King Hickory versus Temple Furniture

allie1February 16, 2010

I am getting ready to purchase a sofa sectional. I have researched both a King Hickory set and a set made by Temple furniture. Both seem to be a good quality, except the King Hickory seat cushions seem to be less firm. I found alot of customer responses about King Hickory furniture, but not much about Temple. Does anyone have Temple furniture that they could tell me about? I really need some feedback from real folk. Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
parma42

I've never heard of Temple but you can special order King Hickory with firmer cushions. The upgrade doesn't cost very much.

Bookmark   February 16, 2010 at 2:42PM
rmanbike

Temple is located in Maiden NC, about 7 miles or so south of Hickory. Its been a while but last info I have is Temple still uses stick built frames and King Hickory mainly uses engineered plywood.
Almost all upholstery manufactures outsource their cushions to foam fabricators. So many times the cushions are the same, but someone's standard could be another's firmer option, plus their arent that many foam pourers, so they all have about the same types of foam. A good source for info about foam can be found below. The other options are pocketed coil springs and latex, all are upgrades from the standard polyurethane foam and HR is a better grade of polyurethane.

Here is a link that might be useful: polyurethane foam

Bookmark   February 17, 2010 at 10:32AM
parma42

They call it kiln-dried hardwood.

Eight-way hand tied, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: King Hickory specs

Bookmark   February 17, 2010 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™