Where can I find 18" Seat Height Dining Room Chairs

daveygirlFebruary 7, 2013

I have been scouring the web trying to find somewhere to buy upholstered dining room chairs with an 18" seat height. I would prefer to be able to provide my own fabric (indoor outdoor) for the dining room chairs.

I am having a tough time finding any upholstered dining room chairs in the 18" seat height, most are 19' or 20".

I am having a table made by Amish Tables (super excited!) but they didn't offer fully upholstered chairs. The chairs sold to go with the table are 17.5", so 18" seat height is as high as would be comfortable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobismyuncle

18" is the more-or-less standard height for a dining chair. I'd say keep looking.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 1:34PM
john_wc

Have you looked at Fairfield Chair?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairfield Chair

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 4:01PM
rmanbike

DR Kincaid dining chair 7847-S has 18.5 seat height
Normal dining chair seat height is 19.5 to 20".
Its possible to cut off the legs on some chairs!

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 11:20PM
freethinker99

Look for a small domestic manufacturer that has an option to adjust the seat ht of their chairs. As rmanbike suggested it wouldn't be too difficult to modify the height of most dining room chairs so long as they had a simple desing without turnings on the base.

In my home we have solid cherry dining room chairs that are 16 1/2" and I have seen many chairs this tall so I don't think an 18" chair is that unusal. I think you should try a few other stores.

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 7:42AM
joseph004

In today's world there are a lot of conveniences. One of them is being able to purchase almost everything, including dining room chairs, online. To make sure you have an enjoyable experience purchasing dining chairs online, make sure to do your research in advance so you know what you're getting before you make the purchase.
The dining room chairs will be one of the first pieces of furniture that your guests will see and more importantly will be sitting in, so it is crucial to have a dining room that is both attractive in appearance and welcoming.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 3:02AM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Best quality Kids/Youth Furniture
Help! I have had more trouble finding decent quality...
dse1
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™