Suggestion for Most Comfortable (Down Cusion) Chair Brands

jennifergFebruary 13, 2009

I am currently looking for two club (occasional) chairs for either side of a fireplace in my family room. These chairs will be used daily so I am looking for comfort. Which furniture brands have a higher down feather percentage (60/40), therefore, are more comfortable? Is there anything else I should be looking at to measure comfort (besides obviously sitting in it to test it out)? A loose back? I have looked at, sat in and am interested in Wesley Allen and Southwood but haven't decided for sure yet.

I am trying to stay a bit economical and may try ordering a high end brand at Boyles, Lexfurniture or Elite.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dab07

I don't know the price range of the brands you mentioned, or how they compare with that of Lee Industries. I just bought 2 different styles of chair from them, from 2 different stores. I also wanted really plush down chairs. One chair I got was stuffed with a soy-based foam, and I actually think it's more comfortable than the one that's foam with a down surround. THe problem there is the layer of down is thin, very disappointing to me. So I'd avoid that. For more down, I think you pay a LOT more. As it is I think I paid about $1500 for the down surround chair. This chair has a loose back and loose seat. When I sit in it to do work, the seat kind of slips forward. It has a T-shaped cushion. The soy foam chair has a rectangular loose cushion, and it stays put. I don't know it this is typical of the kind of cushion, or it's just a fluke of my chairs.

I don't know it that's much help, but I thought I'd share my experience.. Good luck with your purchase.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 12:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clt3

If you mean Wesley Hall, we've had 3 pieces for a few months in a second house and they are extremely comfortable. I cannot attest to their longevity, because the house is lightly used, but I do love how they look and feel.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Where can I find this style bed for less?
We're looking for a new bed and the only bed styles...
pugluv1
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™