advice buying furniture online

doris09February 6, 2014

Has anyone had any experience with buying from Beautiful Rooms or Blacklion Furniture, good or bad. Their prices are much cheaper than I have found in local stores.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SAINTSFAN834

No experience buying from them, but always skeptical of a company not willing to put quote in writing. Beautiful Rooms flat out refused to do so.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 2:45PM
freethinker99

Doris and Saintsfan,

Most online retailers selling at discounted prices will not given written quotes.

You may ask why?

The typical consumer will take the written quote to their local retailer and ask them to match the price.

You can guess what happens next? The infuriated local retailer will immediately call the management of the manufacturer in question and fax him the quote. The director of sales from the manufacturer will then call the owner of the online store and read him the riot act. Do that again and your through selling our product online.

The retailer will give you a price over the phone. All you need to be concerned about from that point on is, does the price stated on you sales order match quote given.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 5:25PM
Holly- Kay

I have heard good things about Black Lion. If you are purchasing sofa/chairs I would want to sit on the furniture I was considering.

Bookmark   February 8, 2014 at 6:12PM
doris09

Thanks for the feedback. I found the Bradington Young sofa I wanted at local furniture store and started shopping online. These internet sites beat my local store by $800.00..to me that is lots of money. My last couch was an impulse buy and I am paying dearly, after four years it has fallen apart. I am taking my time with this purchase and trying to be better informed. I am also looking at Smith Bros., as I have found a couple of their sofa's at local furniture store and loved them. I haven't really found anyone on the internet that carries Smith Bros., but their price is not bad in my local store. They appear to make a good product.
I have picked up some really good tips from the garden web blog. Now I don't feel quiet like the old lady furniture shopping and not knowing the correct questions to ask.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 6:59AM
Melanie2012

I recently bought two Bradington Young recliners from Blacklion. I did test sitting at a local store. The price was considerably better, salesperson responsive and careful delivery. My only disappointment was the optimistic delivery date I was given. Six to eight weeks became fourteen.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 3:35PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

Online is the wave of the future. Every purchase you make there removes rent money from a local store which has sofas you can sit on though. Oh well. Wave of the future like I said.

Just try to figure out if you are buying from a company or a guy drop shipping other people's products from his computer in Grandma's basement.

Bookmark   February 17, 2014 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Room&Board Cruz Chaise Lounge Cushion help
I would be forever grateful If anyone has a Cruz chaise...
missmaggs
Anyone recognize this coffee table
Hi all, I am going to acquire this coffee table but...
Tenille Fisher
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
Rowe Furniture: Good or Bad?
I've been reading lots of comments on this site (both...
country459
the Sealy Posturepedic 'Belmont' from Costco?
Hello-- Has anyone out there purchased the Sealy Posturepedic...
lenvt
Sponsored Products
Kitchen Storage Cart - White - R1020
$135.00 | Hayneedle
Novelty Lamps: Ionic Crystal Hand Carved Salt Bowl Lamp (7-9lbs) 1326
$34.97 | Home Depot
Olivia Cocktail Table
Ballard Designs
'Be Still' Exodus Box Sign
$8.99 | zulily
WBM Himalayan Lamps Ionic Crystal Sun Globe Salt Lamp (8-10lbs) 1451
$32.22 | Home Depot
Draping Leaf Gold Leaf Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
DENY Designs Leah Flores Let's Run Away III Outdoor Throw Pillow - 14894-OTHRP18
$49.00 | Hayneedle
One Minute Art Print
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™